About OSCAR 2.0
Many of the South Carolina Arts Commission's grants and fellowships now have an online application process via OSCAR 2.0 (Online South Carolina Arts Resources) at https://scac.culturegrants.org/.
Note: There are two active OSCAR systems. OSCAR 2.0 for online grants (including fellowships) is located at scac.culturegrants.org. If you have reached "culturegrants-sc.org" you are in the Roster of Approved Artists system and will not be able to access grants content.
Not all grants are managed through OSCAR 2.0; it depends on the category, and the guidelines will explain whether you’ll apply online or by mail. Always refer to the program guidelines currently posted on our website before beginning an application process. Learn more about grants >>
OSCAR 2.0 works best with the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safaribrowsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended.
Register for an Account
Before beginning your first application, you will need to be registered with the OSCAR 2.0 system. The guidelines for the grant or fellowship for which you wish to apply will explain how to register. If you have trouble registering, pleasecontact your coordinator
Start a New Application
After you log in with your OSCAR 2.0 username and password, click on the "Open Applications" tab. You will see a screen with links to available applications.
(click for larger example of the "Open Applications" screen)
In the list of available applications, there are several columns. The first column is the type of grant (e.g., Operating Support). The second column is the specific category of grant (e.g., Operating Support for Small Organizations). Be sure to look at the second
column to choose the correct grant category (e.g., "General Operating Support" or "Arts in Basic Curriculum"),
Note: Not all constituents are eligible for all the listed grant categories.
It is very important to check the current guidelines for eligibility criteria before beginning an application in OSCAR.
Click the green "Apply" button to the right of your category. (You may need to scroll right to see the "Apply" button.)
Note: If the button is gray instead of green, that indicates you have already started an application for that category. To reach that application, follow the instructions in the "Get Back to Your In-Progress Application" (below).
Get Back to Your In-Progress Application, and/or
Get to Your Final Report
At any point after starting your application, you can log in to OSCAR, choose My Forms
at the top of the page, then My Data
, to access your application or to print a hard copy.
Note: Make sure you are not on the Open Applications
screen, which is only for starting new applications.
To start or return to your final report, follow the same steps: log in to OSCAR, choose My Forms
at the top of the page, then My Data
On the My Data screen, you will see a list of your applications and final reports. You will also see the status of each item (e.g., In Progress, Submitted, etc.).
(click for larger example of the "My Data" screen)
For each item in this list, you will see a set of four icons. (You may need to scroll to the right to see them.)
||Go to your application or final report
Get back into the application you have started, and/or start or continue your final report, by clicking the "Link to FormSet" icon (the first icon, which looks like a blue paper and pencil symbol).
||See your uploads
Go to the files you have uploaded by clicking the "View Support Material" icon (the second icon, which looks like a magnifying glass).
||Get a copy of your uploads
Download a copy of the files you have uploaded by clicking the "Download Support Material" icon (the third icon, which looks like a blue "down" arrow).
||Print your application
Print your application by clicking the "Print FormSet" icon (the fourth icon, which looks like a printer with a "plus" sign).
There are four buttons at the bottom of each page of your application or final report:
Table of Contents
- "Previous" takes you to the previous page without saving the current page. If you have made any changes to the current page, be sure to click "Save" before clicking "Previous."
- "Save" saves your work on the current page.
- "Save and Continue" saves your work on the current page and takes you to the next page.
- "Next" takes you to the next page without saving the current page. If you have made any changes to the current page, be sure to click "Save" or "Save and Continue."
You can also navigate between pages using the Table of Contents menu at the top of any page.
Clicking on a page in the Table of Contents menu will take you to that pagewithout saving the current page
. If you have made any changes to the current page, be sure to click "Save" before using the Table of Contents menu.
- Save often. To save your work, you must click "Save" or "Save & Continue" at the bottom of the page.
- Beware of "timing out." The system will automatically log you off if you have not saved your work or navigated between pages for 25 minutes. Typing information in fields will not prevent a time-out; you must click "Save" or "Save & Continue" and/or navigate to another page. A warning will appear when the 25-minute time-out is near.
- Form, or Formset
OSCAR 2.0 calls each page of an application a "form." All of the pages of an application or report together are called a "formset." For example, to get to your application or report, you click the "Link to Formset" icon.
- Open Applications
This is the tab where you will find the grant categories and programs currently accepting applications. This is where you can start a new application. This is not the list of applications you have already started; those are found under the My Data tab, along with your final reports. (This can be confusing, since "open applications" could be misinterpreted as "applications I have opened." In OSCAR, an open application is an application that is currently available to prospective grantees.) Items in the "Open Applications" tab will not have any of your data in them yet.
- My Data
This is the tab where you will find the list of applications you have already started (or completed), as well as your final reports. You will also see the status of each item (e.g., In Progress, Submitted, etc.). Items in the "My Data" tab will have your grant-related data in them.
- Clone Symbol
This symbol signifies that the field and/or data is "cloned" (prepopulated) from a previous application or final report. You should still check this information, however, to be sure it is accurate for your current application or report.
Frequently Asked Questions/Troubleshooting
- What if I don't know my password?
There is a "Forgot your password?" link on the OSCAR 2.0 Log In page. You will need to provide your username; if you don't know it, pleasecontact your coordinator.
- What if I'm entering the right password, but the system won't let me in?
Be sure you are typing the correct upper and lowercase characters. Usernames are not case-sensitive, but passwords are.
If you still can't get in, try using the "Forgot your password?" link to reset your password. You will need to provide your username; if you don't know it, please contact your coordinator.
- Why does it say "you have reached the limit of applications on this cycle?"
- If you got this message when you were trying to get back to an application you've already started, you are probably in the "Open Applications" section, which is only for starting new applications. To reach a previously-started application, click the "My Data" tab, and follow the instructions to "Get Back to Your In-Progress Application" (above).
- Why did the system time out while I was still typing?
The system will automatically log you off if you have not saved your work or navigated between pages or sections for 25 minutes. Typing information in fields will not prevent a time-out. Be sure to click the "Save" button often, as you work.
- Can I print a blank application, before I start?
Yes. Follow the instructions to "Start a New Application" (above). Enter some information into any one of the fields (e.g., Contact Name), then scroll to the bottom of the screen and click "Save." Then, follow the instructions to "Get Back to Your In-Progress Application" (above) and print your newly-opened application.
- What if my printout doesn't fit on the page?
You may need to adjust the formatting before you print. Try adjusting the font size. Log in to OSCAR, choose My Forms at the top of the page, then My Data. Find your application in the list, and scroll to the right to click the "Print FormSet" icon:
(the fourth icon, which looks like a printer with a "plus" sign).
In the window that opens, choose a smaller Font Size at the top, then click the "Print" button.
- What if I don't see what I'm supposed to see on the page?
- If you see blue horizontal menu bars across the top and bottom of the screen, but nothing in between the blue bars, you may need to clear your browser cache and/or try another browser. (OSCAR 2.0 works best with the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended.)
- If you see photos of artwork at the top right of the screen,
you are in the Roster of Approved Artists system and will not be able to access grants content. Return to the grant guidelines for your application category and follow those links to reach the correct OSCAR system.